Friday, July 25, 2014

Birthday gift idea on a budget - under $20


My younger sister's birthday was last week, and I thought I'd share what I got for her birthday! Not only did she enjoy all of the presents, It only cost me a total of $18.28. Pretty good, eh?
Side notes: She was eleven turning twelve, and she is obsessed with the colour yellow. :) You can even use the list of what I bought for ideas if you're shopping for birthday presents.


The main gift that I got for my sister was this miniature Winnie the Pooh doll that she had been eyeing for a while. Never too old for an adorable Pooh!
*If you're thinking of using my ideas, but the person that you're gifting would not really enjoy a doll, I recommend the Body Shop's travel-sized body butters ($6) They're cheaper, work well, and they all smell amazing.*
Price: $9.03 (Hallmark Store)

The next present that I bought was this notebook by Fabriano. I have one of these myself, and I know from experience that it is a very high-quality notebook that is soft to write on and is made of nice paper. My sister loves to write her thoughts so this was especially great for her; but really, you can never go wrong with a good notebook!
Price: $3.38 (DeSerres)

I know that my sister has very dry, sensitive skin, so she can never use face products like some of her friends do. I also know that she's always intrigued by face masks... so I got this face mask from the Bodyshop that I thought would be great for dry skin.
Price: $2.26 (The Bodyshop)

Finally, I got my sister some yellow fabric from Walmart because she enjoys sewing. Although the quality probably isn't great, I think it's fine because she definitely is not a serious sewer (is that even a word? hahaha) ... she mainly experiments. Besides, yellow is her absolute favourite colour, and for the price, it was definitely worth it!
Price: $3.14 (Walmart) (Whoa, I bought it for π)

I hope this list gave you some inspiration for gift shopping on a budget - I think what really counts most is the effort and thought put into the presents. I personally woke up at 6am to make my sister's favourite breakfast and set the table with balloons and presents; she woke up to a surprise!

No comments :

Post a Comment

2