Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Quick dinner (under an hour)

This dinner takes roughly 40 minutes to make, and uses ingredients that most people already have at home. It's also very easy to make. In fact, my sister and I decided to make this about five minutes before starting to cook, and we already had all of the ingredients in our pantry. So here it is: corn soup and buns. (Great served with steamed green beans)
Excuse the bad photos, the lighting was terrible because there was a thunder storm when I took them.


These are the buns... I found the recipe here. We halved the recipe, and made 8 delicious dinner rolls (In this photo, we had already eaten two of them). They took about 30 minutes to make, and for the time it took, the taste was great! They taste much better with butter than plain.

And here is a photo of the yummy main dish... corn soup! I found the recipe here, but I altered it a tiny bit to use the ingredients that we already had at home. Here's what I did:
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
2. Once boiling, stir in 1 cube of McCormick's all vegetable, chicken style bouillon. 

3. Bring down to medium-high heat, and add the can of cream style corn.
The rest was all done exactly as described in the original recipe. This made for a delicious corn soup that brought back memories of when my mom used to make a similar soup when I was a tiny kid. However, It only took about 10 minutes to make :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

2