Saturday, August 23, 2014

Everyday natural eyeshadows

These two cream eyeshadows are great for subtle, natural and simple looks, and are very affordable.


As you can see from the swatches, these two shades are beautiful and shimmery, and very natural. Because of this, I love to use them for an eye-opening, pretty but subtle look.

This NYX jumbo eye pencil in Cashmere (630) is a beautiful, shimmery champagne kind of colour. It applies creamily, and is easy to blend. However, this eyeshadow creases majorly, so I would highly recommend trying a primer and/or setting it with a powder shadow to keep it looking good for as long as possible. I love to wear this shade as a subtle inner corner highlight, so I don't bother with a primer, because I blend it out enough that the shadow barely shows; this means that the creasing barely shows as well.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 630 (Cashmere): $4.50 (I got it for more than that in Canada)

I love this Maybelline color tattoo so much. The colour is spot on, and although it doesn't actually stay for 24 hours (as far as I'm concerned), it definitely doesn't crease as quickly as the NYX pencil. I like to apply this colour to my crease (focusing on the outer corner) with a fairly small, flat eyeshadow brush. I don't apply too much product though, because I find that a little goes a long way with this shade. I recommend trying out different amounts of this product on your eyelids to see what works best for you. I wear this eyeshadow a lot now, and on me, it definitely creases by the 12 hour mark if I wear it on its own. However, I usually wouldn't be wearing makeup for that long, so it lasts long enough for the average day. I would highly recommend this cream eyeshadow, especially for makeup beginners like myself.

In most recent days where I wore makeup, I wore the NYX pencil as an inner corner highlight, and the color tattoo in the outer corner crease. Along with mascara, the eye look is complete! It's quick and easy, and the products are all affordable. I hope these products work for you, too :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

2