Saturday, September 13, 2014

My bedside table


People use bedside tables for different purposes, but personally, I use it as a convenient place to keep the things that I use the most. I also love to decorate and personalize it, because it's the first thing I look at every morning.

At the back left, I keep a framed pink and gold hedgehog card that's from a set at Target. I think it's so cute, and it adds colour and personality to the plain white of the table. I also have a little jar that I've just wrapped in some cute patterned card stock. I keep most of my earrings in here, so it's great that although the inside looks like a jumble of metal, but the outside looks put together and presentable.

I've already started decorating for autumn with this owl candle holder... I love owls, and this is so pretty that I had to put it on my bedside table. I also love the candle; not only does it go with the autumn colour scheme, it smells amazing (like olive plants). I got both of these items at a store called "Claire de Lune".

To the right of the candle holder, I keep my Chocomania body lotion from the Bodyshop. (Blog post here) I use it every other night, and so it's very convenient for me to keep it close to my bed. It also matches the look of my table in general, so that's a great bonus.

Right beside my lotion is a jar full of fake flowers. I'm actually on the lookout for pretty autumn flowers so that they match my fall-themed jar. All I did to make it was take a plain glass dairy jar, cover it with some burlap, and tie some florists' twine around it.


I also keep my Chocomania lip butter from the Bodyshop on my bedside table. I use this lip butter every single night before bed, so it's great to keep it handy and always within reach.


Another thing that I love to have handy is this adorable fox notebook that I got from Chapters. I use it to journal, write ideas, and record my late-night epiphanies or weird dreams.

Finally, I keep a little Febreeze air freshener tucked away behind the fake flowers. This helps to keep my room smelling clean and fresh.

That's it! I have yet to redecorate this table for fall, so the look of it will probably be changing in the very near future. Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post that will reveal the new, updated look! Also let me know in the comments what you keep on your bedside table. Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment

2