Saturday, September 20, 2014

Wine-coloured nails for fall

 When it gets to autumn, my colour palette changes to dark reds, khaki greens and beiges, purples, and oranges. I usually apply this palette to my nails as well, and lately, I've been really loving a wine colour by Sally Hansen. It's a beautiful, deep red colour that looks amazing paired with a khaki-green jacket and dark blue skinny jeans. It can be used nicely for autumn looks, but paired with white or silver, the colour could easily be transformed into a Christmas look as well.


I'm using the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail colour in the shade 340 (Cinna-snap). As the name points out, this nail polish really does dry quickly... each coat dries in under two minutes.
I also love that this product is very affordable—it cost me $3.99 at Target. However the longevity isn't amazing. I applied two coats and a clear top coat, all which lasted perfectly for 24 hours before starting to chip. Once it started to chip, however, the nail polish came off quite quickly. I would say that its staying power is fairly bad, but great for the price of the product.


Another thing that I love about this nail polish is the brush. It's so wide that I could cover more than half of each nail with one stroke. This makes painting my nails extra quick and easy, because it takes less brush strokes. Overall, this nail polish is a beautiful autumn colour, and is very affordable. I would definitely recommend this formula to anyone who likes pairing nail polishes with specific outfits, because the price is so low and the colour will stay intact for at least 24 hours.

What's your current fall nail polish colour? Let me know in the comments below, I need inspiration for more colours :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

2