Sunday, October 05, 2014

Get Cozy for Fall

After a long sumer of fun and hot weather, it's great to just cuddle up in bed when the cooler weather rolls in. Here are some ways I take full advantage of the season and stay warm and cozy.

Nothing says cozy like warm, knit socks! These socks from Roots keep my feet warm even when the floors get cold, and they also look cute and seasonal, which is great as well.

I also put my hair up in a big, messy bun. It keeps my hair out of my face, and feels very comfortable. Adding a simple beaded headband makes it look a bit more put together, so it's still a great look for if guests come over... it's not too messy.

I absolutely love using fairy lights to set the mood. Not only do they look adorable, they add lighting to the longer, darker nights, and somehow really add to the overall atmosphere.

Candles are also perfect for the colder months. Like the fairy lights, they add lighting in a romantic-like way, but the also smell amazing. I personally love the Vanilla Chai candle from Bath and Body Works. It has a subtle, delicious scent that really screams "fall". 
The candle in the back is an olive-scented candle. Don't worry though, it smells like olive plants, not the olives that we eat; it has a faint florally scent. 
It's also fun to accessorize with candle holders, not just the candles themselves. This owl-shaped candle holder is very autumn-themed, and helps capture the feeling of fall.

As for comfort and warmth, blankets are your best friends. They look very autumn-y (I've decided that that's a word now... :P ) when you have a combination of knits and fleeces on your bed, and they keep you really warm when the weather gets colder. I like layering an autumn-themed sheet over a plain white duvet, and then throwing a knit blanket over top.

Pillows are an easy way to accessorize a bed, and they keep you super comfortable. You can use them to build on a colour scheme, or just to display neat patterns and images. I like to keep three pillows on my bed; they help to make my daybed extra comfortable when I use it to sit on while I use my laptop.


Once I've set the mood and made myself a sort of comfy nook in my bedroom, I like to watch videos on YouTube, blog, or talk to my friends on Skype. It wasn't a particularly cold day, so I just sat on top of my blankets while I used my laptop.


I also love to make tea or hot chocolate to enjoy on cold autumn days. Don't forget to use a coaster to prevent burning your tables!



Finally, I love cuddling with my cats. They're so warm and loving, not to mention adorable. Generally, they love to get cozy as much as I do.

How do you stay cozy in the fall time? I'd love to hear your ideas!

2 comments :

  1. Akino, this post is so cute and so well written!
    I LOVE fall, it's got to be one of my favourite season.
    Love, Jessica x
    http://jembubble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall's just so great, isn't it? :)

      Delete

2