Wednesday, November 05, 2014

My current favourite lip colours


Autumn is the perfect season to bust out the deep berry-toned and red lip colours. Personally, I never wore lipstick until this year, but now that I do, I've found some colours for fall that I absolutely adore. Here are the four lipsticks that I've been loving most this season.



From left to right: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 230 Coral Garden, Revelon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 622 Daring Pink, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 124 Bordeaux, Lancôme L'absolu Rouge in 132 Caprice
I love everything about these four lipsticks: first of all the colours, but also the quality and consistency. I also love how easily these lipsticks can be applied. As you can see in the swatches, all of the lipsticks are in the red and plum range of colours, which I think are perfect for fall.



The Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 230 Coral Garden is definitely one of my most worn lipsticks this month. The consistency is moisturizing enough that I don't even need a lip balm underneath; the lipstick is just as moisturizing as applying an average lip balm. Because of this, it doesn't accentuate the cracks and lines in my lips... which is great, but it also lowers the staying power, because the lipstick is more likely to "slip off". The colour itself is a neutral coral on the nudier, darker side of things, and on my skin tone, it's a subtle lipstick that still really changes my look. When I'm wearing this, it's noticeable that my lips are slightly brighter than they are naturally, but it's not at all a statement lip.



The Revelon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 622 Daring Pink is another nice lipstick for the fall time. This red lipstick is pink-based, and not way too bright. The pinky red is lovely on it's own as a toned down classic red... depending on how much is applied, the colour can be quite sheer, or more like a statement lip. I've had this lipstick for a long time, so the bullet is very smushed into the cap. For this reason, I find it easier to first outline my lips with a brush or q-tip before filling them in with the colour. I also really love the tiny specks of shimmer in the lipstick. They're very subtle, but give a bit of an extra oomph to the lipstick.


The Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 124 Bordeaux is one of those deep plum shades that you can only get away with in the colder months. Even though it's a bit harder to wear on a daily basis, this lipstick just screams autumn to me. Personally, I like to apply a lip butter before patting the colour on to my lips straight from the bullet, a little at a time. This way I can reach the amount of colour that I want on my lips without applying too much by mistake. The staying power of this lipstick is incredible... It can even last through snacks and drinks of water, only needing a few touch ups. Be prepared to use makeup remover on this one at the end of the day! The only downside of this lipstick in my opinion is that it dries out my lips, even with the lip butter underneath.


The Lancôme L'absolu Rouge in 132 Caprice is in my opinion a classic, bright red lipstick. It's the kind of red that makes people really notice that you're wearing lipstick, and makes it look like you put a lot more effort into your makeup than you actually did. The texture is fairly creamy, but the staying power is the absolute best I've had in a lipstick so far. The finish of this lipstick isn't quite matte... it has a bit of sheen to it, which I find is key in keeping your lips looking moisturized. If you're looking for a nice, bright red lipstick, I would definitely go for this one; or at least give it a try at a store.

What are your favourite lip colours? Let me know in the comments below :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

2