Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Current Skincare Routine | Facewash and toner

You might remember that I wrote a post about the moisturizers that I use everyday a couple of weeks ago. I haven't yet mentioned the face wash, scrub and toner that I use all the time, so I thought I'd write a follow-up post to complete my skincare routine.


Every morning (and a lot of nights too!), I use the Clean and Clear morning burst facial cleanser. The smell really wakes me up in the morning, and it's super easy to use the product without getting water and cleanser everywhere. I actually prefer the caffeine, lemon and papaya scent that I talked about in my product empties post, but the strong citrus smell of this Vitamin C and Ginseng wash is quite nice as well. The product itself works really well, and deep-cleans my skin without irritating or drying it out in any way. I would highly recommend this face wash to anyone who's looking for a drugstore facial cleanser.


I heard about the Lush Tea tree water from a few different YouTube videos, and I thought I'd buy it and give it a go. As it turns out, I ended up really loving this product as a toner... I spray the mist onto my face every morning and night after washing my face. I definitely didn't see a giant improvement in my skin when I started using this product, but it basically maintained the healthiness of my skin for a while: it didn't break me out, but it didn't clear my skin dramatically: it just kept my skin healthy. After using this water for a while, I do notice a difference in my skin, and it's for the better. It's very, very slight, but I'm just happy that I finally found a toner that doesn't break me out or dry out my skin. However be warned: the tea tree smell is strong! Just try not to get the mist in your mouth ;)

I've loved the St. Ives scrubs for a few years now, ever since I read about them on the first blog I ever read (It's unfortunately deleted now, but it was a huge inspiration to me and it was my first look into skincare and makeup). They're really gentle but effective, which is especially great for sensitive skin. The Even and Bright Pink lemon & mandarin orange scrub is definitely a keeper. It doesn't dry out my skin, and it cleans away dead skin cells just as you would expect from an exfoliator. I ran out of this a while back and didn't use any for a couple weeks... the health of my skin plummeted and it became much bumpier, and break outs happened more often. A week after I started using my new tube, my skin was a lot better maintained. I use this scrub every other night in the shower, and I also love that it's so affordable!

What skincare products are you using right now? I'd love to get inspiration and hear your thoughts!

No comments :

Post a Comment

2