Saturday, November 08, 2014

My Current Skincare Routine | Moisterizer

I've mentioned before how important skincare is to me. My face is prone to acne and redness, so I do as much as I can to prevent that, and to keep my skin hydrated, smooth and soft. Moisturizing lotions and creams play a big role in the health of my skin, so I decided that I would share the two that I'm currently using.

The Olay complete all day moisturizer for sensitive skin is the lotion that I apply every morning. It's very moisturizing, and a little goes a long way... a little more than a pea sized amount usually covers my face and neck. Not only does this lotion keep my skin hydrated throughout the day, it has SPF 15, which is perfect for my skin on a daily basis. 

Something that often gets overlooked is using sun protection even in the winter—most people only use it in the summer. What we need to remember that the sun is always shining, no matter what the weather. I think that it's helpful to wear some SPF all year around. That being said, all people need a good amount of vitamin D in their systems, which we get from the sun... I wouldn't recommend using a very high SPF if you can avoid it, 15-30 is usually enough unless you burn very easily. 

There are two downsides to this product, in my opinion. First of all, it leaves your face quite shiny. This finish does wear off over a couple hours, but going out looking shiny isn't usually all that nice. I only use a little bit to avoid looking too shiny, but a mattifying powder or oil blotting sheets should work just as well. Another annoying thing about this product is that the make of the bottle makes it hard to get the last bit of product out when you're running low. 
Other than these two things, I love this lotion and use it every day!


The moisturizer that I use every night is the Yes to Cucumbers soothing daily moisturizer. (Another long name) The reason I save this gem for nighttime is that unlike the Olay lotion, this one doesn't have any SPF in it. I actually much prefer this formula, so I use it as a treat to my skin every night before bed, after I wash and tone my face. It has a clean, natural scent, and the consistency is amazing—it's not thick and gloopy, or thin and runny... it's right in between, where it keeps its shape but is very soft. I would use this moisturizer every day for the rest of my life if I never find anything better, I really have nothing negative to say about it.

Before I end this post, I'd like to mention that these moisturizers are also great because they are perfect for sensitive skin. My skin is quite sensitive, but neither of these products have ever caused problems for me.

What moisturizers do you use everyday?

No comments :

Post a Comment

2