Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Gift Exchange With My Friends


This year for Christmas, my friends and I decided to have a little gift exchange. In preparation, I made and wrapped a DIY bath and body gift set for all three guests as gifts. I also made raspberry macarons using Entertaining with Beth's recipe. I had never made macarons before, but they turned out really well using her recipe :)



I thought I'd share one of the gifts that I got. I got a few more things that I haven't opened yet, but today I'll be sharing a lovely gift basket that two of my friends put together for me. It was wrapped beautifully with cellophane and a bunch of ribbons, but I forgot to take a photo before I opened it up :P I haven't tried many of the products yet, so this isn't a "my thoughts on..." kind of post, it's just me sharing some of what my amazing friends gave me for Christmas! :)


The first two gifts that were in the basket were this adorable face mask, and an adorable hand cream from the FaceShop. The face mask is the cute monkey-thing, and it's for pores. The little pink kitty is a perfumed hand cream, and I've already tried some... it works really well!


There were three little packets of different face masks in the basket... Olive, Rice and Green Tea, all from the Faceshop. I can't wait to try them!

What the masks are for:
  • The Olive face mask is for moisturizing and nourishing dry skin
  • The Rice face mask is for brightening and evening out skin tone
  • The Green tea face mask is for energizing dry skin.

There was also a Milka Alpenmilch chocolate bar in the basket. My parents both said that these chocolates are amazing... they've both had some in Europe. I have to watch out though, they might steal some!


Also in the basket was a pink shimmery eyeshadow, and a pink shimmery nail polish to match. They're both from the Faceshop, and they're gorgeous. One of my friends painted my nails with the nail polish, and I love it so far!


I also got some makeup products from l'Oreal. They gave me a neutral eyeshadow quad, an "illuminating" mascara (for blue eyes, which I don't have, but it's still really pretty!), and a nude lipstick.



I love the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in the shade 802 (captivating copper) that I received... although it's fairly brown on my skin, it's a "my lips but better" shade on my lips, and it's very pretty. I also love that it doesn't dry out my lips; it's pretty moisturizing for a lipstick.

Do you exchange presents with your friends at Christmas? Let me know in the comments below :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

2