Monday, January 12, 2015

5 Pancake Recipes to Try | Cooking


Whether you eat them for breakfast, brunch or dinner, pancakes are a delicious treat that are fun to make at home. I love making brunch foods, and I find it really interesting to see different countries' takes on pancakes, because they're enjoyed all over the world!



This recipe takes a while to prepare because of the resting time, so I've only made them once. Don't get me wrong though, the end result was delicious, and the thin pancakes looked beautiful. The recipe is one of the most simple and easy pancake recipes that I've ever tried, and it only uses 5 ingredients!

This pancake recipe makes what most Canadians know as just a good old, "normal" pancake. I'm sure that people from other countries would find this recipe quite normal as well, but it's still a great recipe, and it's fun to make.

These Swedish pancakes aren't too hard to make at home and they taste and look amazing. They're thicker than crepes, but eaten in a similar way. The honey in the recipe makes the pancakes taste just the right sweetness, and I would definitely recommend this recipe to anyone who likes crepes, but struggles to make them because they're so thin.

When I first tried this recipe, I thought that it was really weird; the end result has a nice flavour, but a unique texture. It's dense and thin, and almost rubbery, but in a good way—although that doesn't make much sense, does it? If you're curious, I'd definitely give this recipe a go; it actually takes about ten minutes to prepare, and I've made them a whole lot of times because my family enjoyed them. I personally like playing around with the recipe a bit by adding vanilla extract and sometimes some other things. You can see a whole post that I wrote about pancake variations here.

Yes, this one's from my own blog... but I'm not just self-promoting, I genuinely love the pancakes that this recipe makes. Imitating japanese hotcakes, they are very thick and fluffy, and have a cake-life, dense texture that's very different from American pancakes. Japanese hotcakes are more like a desert, and they taste amazing... but I'm still looking for an actual Japanese recipe (not just Japanese-style...) that I love.

As you might have noticed, this is my third pancake-related post on this blog, so yes, I love making pancakes... there's no denying it!

What are your favourite pancake recipes? Let me know, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try!

8 comments :

  1. My pancakes usually don't end up fluffy enough. Thanks for sharing!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jeanne, not too sure but you might be overmixing the batter! Good luck with making them next time :)

      Delete
  2. I personally haven't found the perfect recipe yet, so thanks for the links! :-)

    Laura | Blonde & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for your comment lovely :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to try these, I love pancakes! You're blog is lovely

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! I love pancakes too :) x

      Delete
  4. I love pancakes like that, english pancakes are disgusting!
    I'm going to save this post so i can try out this!

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around on my blog <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meme, I hope you enjoy the recipes if you try them out!

      Delete

2