Wednesday, January 07, 2015

"Pamper Evening" | Exam Season De-Stress

Anyone who's gone through a week of exams—whether they were really hard or not that bad—knows how stressful it can be. I actually have exams coming up in less than a month, but I'm not to the point of studying a whole lot or stressing out... yet. This kind of "pamper evening" seems to be really popular on the internet, but I personally have them once in a while to de-stress and relax, and also to remember to care for my personal well-being and my skin. If I ever get stressed out about something, I tend to neglect "pampering" myself, so it's nice to set aside an hour or two on a not-so-busy-night and just indulge in some relaxation time!


I like to start off my relaxing time with a nice, hot bath. I don't always put products in my bath, but this time I used a Honey Bee bath bomb from Lush. It has a really nice smell, but it's subtle, which is nice. It's also really soothing on the skin, but I wish that it had a prettier, stronger colour. When I don't have Lush products on hand (most of the time when I take a bath)I also really like using epsom salts... they're basically plain, coarse salts, and they don't smell or look like much, but they dissolve in hot baths, and make a nice detox bath.

After I got out of the bath, I used a pore face mask from the FaceShop. It smells really nice for a face mask, and it was really gentle, even on my sensitive skin. I kept it on for quite a while because it was relaxing, and it made me feel like I was doing something extra special, even though I really wasn't.

To finish off with products, I decided to give my skin some love with the BodyShop's Glazed apple body butter. I rubbed in a fair amount on my legs and elbows so that my skin was really nice and moisturized. It also smells amazing, which is really nice. This scent was limited edition for the holidays, but I also really like other scents from the BodyShop, like Strawberry and Olive.


Finally, I put on my new booties/slippers that I got for Christmas (mentioned here). They're really warm and cozy :) I spent the rest of my time reading a book, doodling and listening to music.

What do you do to relax when you're stressed? I'd love to get some inspiration for more ideas :)

7 comments :

  1. your slippers are so cute! I looove pamper evenings, this sounds lovely!

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I love the slippers too :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds really relaxing and nice for a pamper evening! I need to try the Glazed Apple body butter before they run out and I love those slippers you have, look so cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if the Glazed apple products are still in store, but I'd go out to check ASAP just in case! Thanks for the comment, Kie :)

      Delete
  3. This looks like such I lovely pamper evening. I.ve got exams coming up too and i'm sure this will really help with the stress. Thanks for sharing xx

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This type of relaxing evening is definitely helpful during stressful times... good luck on your exams, Alice! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you!! I would like to nominate you for the versatile blogger award. All the info is on my blog...
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk
    Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

2