Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sweet Sixteen for Two Best Friends

Recently, two of my friends celebrated their sixteenth birthdays together, and had a little party. Those of us who were invited all pitched in some money for each girl's present. The two girls actually gave me permission to photograph the gifts before I wrapped them, so I thought I'd share the presents that we ended up getting, because I'm personally really happy with the quality of the presents we bought, and I know that my friends that we gave the presents to are very, very happy as well!

For one of my friends, we all the money that the small group of us had put together, and we headed to Sephora's to look for a nice eyeshadow palette. Our only ideas were that the palette had to fit into our price range, and we also wanted it to have pretty, shimmery shades in it. We looked around for a little bit, and quickly found Too Faced's Natural Eyes palette. it's full of nine beautiful, natural-looking shades with a nice balance of matte and shimmery shades. We also got a little free sample for a First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, and decided to give the sample to her as well.

For my other friend's present, we headed on over to Magpie, a beautiful little jewellery shop. We looked around in the store for a little bit, and finally settled on this "Pearls of Wisdom" necklace. My friend loves pearls, so that was perfect for one. Two of my other friends and I also love the colour gold with her skin tone, so this necklace basically checked off all of the points on our list. It goes without saying that she absolutely loved the gift!

My friend who we gave the palette to actually bought a Dragon's Egg bath bomb from LUSH to give to my other friend. It smells like citrus, and it's absolutely beautiful, not to mention that the reviews for this bath bomb are great!

The party itself was really fun; there were six of us including the two birthday girls (their birthdays are one day apart—a cool coincidence!). We went out for dinner, had a dance party in my friend's kitchen, and then four of us stayed for a sleepover. We also made a lot of amazing memories between lighting sparklers over the snow, skating, and all of the other little things that made the party extra special.

To the two friends that I'm talking about (I know you'll read this!), thanks so much for hosting such a great party, it was the most fun I've had in a long time! happy birthday :)

Have you ever celebrated a birthday with/for your friends?

6 comments :

  1. Your friend is very lucky, for my birthday my friends chipped in on a Pandora bracelet for me was such a lovely gift!

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around my blog <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're pretty lucky yourself, that sounds awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. I love celebrating birthdays! And it seems like you and your friends had lots of fun! :)

    Blonde and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a lot of fun... thanks for stopping by :)
      And I agree, birthdays are some of the most fun days to celebrate!

      Delete
  3. Hey there, completely IN-LOVE with your blog, just followed you on GFC (4), would love if you follow back :)

    mandyshareslife.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, I'll check out your blog :)

      Delete

2