Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Planner for July 2015- December 2016

If you don't follow me on Instagram, you probably won't know that I'm a complete stationery nerd. I just love colourful pens and paper, washi tape, stickers and everything in between. I have an obsession with planners (even though I have trouble keeping up with them!) because they're super functional, yet have so much opportunity to decorate with photos and stationery. I recently purchased the Happy Planner by Me and My Big Ideas, and I wanted to share a review of my first impressions on the planner before I start using it. Stay tuned for posts about my planner while in use in the future!

*Note each design of the happy planner comes with a slightly different layout, so check out the company's website to find your favourite! I can only show the layout of the design that I have.*

My 3 favourite things about this planner are that:
  1. The planner is gorgeous with unique graphics
  2. The price is really affordable at $25 (even cheaper with a coupon at Michael's!) ... perfect for students or anyone on a budget.
  3. The days in the weekly spreads are vertical rather that horizontal (personal preference)

The very first page of the planner is a place to put in your name for if the planner ever gets lost. As I mentioned before, the graphics are beautiful!



At the start of each month, there's a page to put in the month's birthdays, special events, important dates, goals and things not to forget. Holidays for the month come printed on this page. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to utilize this page yet, but I love that there's a lot of space to plan ahead with.

The monthly dividers come with a different graphic each month, which I think is really cool. One downside of these dividers is that the tabs that stick out aren't laminated, so they get bent very easily. However, this can easily be fixed with packing tape, as it's the exact width of the tabs.


The monthly calendars in this planner are extremely spacious, leaving tons of room for planning and decoration. There's even a section for notes on the left!



The weekly spreads in this planner are also very spacious. Again, there's a section for notes on the left. Each day is vertically split into morning, afternoon, and evening, but I'm thinking of maybe covering these dividers to have a schedule section and a to-do list above it. We'll see what happens once I've been planning in it for a while!



I also love that this planner uses a ring system. Although I'm a little bit worried that the pages will tear over time with use, I love that it's easy to remove pages to write on them without the rings getting in the way (or remove them all together), or move them around to customize the order. The rings themselves are also adorable—they're gold with a little heart cut out of the centre. This gives the planner a really unique touch.

Because it's a scrapbooking company that made this planner, there are tons of accessories like sticky notes, stickers and other cover available to purchase that go with the planner. I just love how customizable the whole thing is, and I can't wait to start using it!

Do you have a planner? I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

3 comments :

  1. Such a cute planner; I haven't been to Michael's in forever. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some great stuff in at the moment! :)

      Delete
  2. Such a cute planner; I haven't been to Michael's in forever. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

2