Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Current Favourite Pink Lips

My Current Favourite Pink Lips | Akinokiki
Last month I shared my favourite summer lip products of 2015, but I've recently been using three more products that I just had to share... they're all amazing pink lip colours! As you may have realized, I'm a little obsessed with lip products, so I thought it was time to finally share these little treasures :)


My Current Favourite Pink Lips | Akinokiki
(Left to right: Revlon Pink in the Afternoon, MAC Angel, NARS Rikugien)
My first current favourite pink lip is the Revlon super lustrous lipstick in the shade "Pink in the Afternoon". (I love this Revlon line of lipsticks!) I've been using this one for a few months, and it's seriously amazing. It's actually the first pink lip colour that I've owned, and I love it to pieces; it's very natural looking, but still adds a little pop of colour that's perfect for the warmer months! The texture and consistency of the lipstick are perfect for me as well.

The second lip product that I've been loving is the NARS lip pencil in the shade "Rikugien". I actually got this mini pencil for free on my birthday from Sephora (read more about that here) and it's honestly one of the most natural yet beautiful colours that I've come across. The shade is almost rose-gold, and it's a little darker than my actual lips. I also love that the shade is a little shimmery! It just makes me look a lot more put together no matter what else I'm wearing. The consistency of the pencil is very creamy and moisturizing, which is amazing because application is effortless. All I need to get now is a jumbo sharpener to keep this pencil going for as long as possible!

The last lip product that I want to share today is actually one that I have a love/hate relationship with. It's the highly popular MAC lipstick in the shade "Angel". I'm actually kind of bummed about this lipstick because the colour and shimmer in it are gorgeous (hence why I've included it in this post), but I find the consistency to be a little weird... maybe it's just too creamy or something, but it applies in tiny chunks onto my lips and really settles in all of the fine lines. This is a shade that looks beautiful on the lips from far away, but looks dry and weird from close up—and I can't figure out what to do about it! 

Let me know if you know how to solve the whole MAC lipstick issue, and otherwise I'd love to hear about your current favourite lip products! Have a great day today :)

10 comments :

  1. You have such a pretty blog and that Revlon lipstick looks like my kinda shade. Thanks for stopping by and I'm following you via GFC, would you please follow me back:) thanks!

    Chaste & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I believe I followed you on bloglovin a while ago but I can check if you'd like :)

      Delete
  2. I love all of these colours so much!! xx
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the MAC one :) x

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's gorgeous! I'm a little bummed about the consistency, though :/ Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shades! I'm in love with the Nars one :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Natalie! The shade and consistency are perfection!

      Delete

2