Saturday, August 15, 2015

My Favourite Sun Dress and some Gelato

My Favourite Sun Dress from American Eagle | Akinokiki
Don't mind my flip flops, haha—my favourite pair of sandals broke!
(This was sadly long overdue as I kept wearing them everyday for three summers!)
I feel like every time a new season comes around, I find a few staple clothing items that are perfect for me, and I tend to wear them a lot during that season. This summer, I've found quite a few of these staple pieces, and this sun dress from American Eagle is definitely one of them! (This romper from Garage is yet another) The dress is a shift dress, so it's super flowy and comfortable to wear for almost any occasion. I also love the caged straps... it adds a cool design element to the otherwise shapeless dress.

My Favourite Sun Dress from American Eagle | Akinokiki

My Favourite Sun Dress from American Eagle | Akinokiki

My Favourite Sun Dress from American Eagle | Akinokiki
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
My Favourite Sun Dress from American Eagle | Akinokiki
Trying to be cool?! 
My Favourite Sun Dress from American Eagle | Akinokiki

My Favourite Sun Dress from American Eagle | Akinokiki

My Favourite Sun Dress from American Eagle | Akinokiki
The back of the dress is very different with the cage-type straps! 
Gelato in Kingston | Akinokiki

It was really hot out while my sister was helping me by taking all of the lovely photos of me trying to model the dress, so my family stopped by for some gelato from a store called Mio Gelato. It was amazing!

Is it still summery enough where you live to be wearing sun dresses? 

4 comments :

  1. Aww love the photos! So pretty! How yummy does that ice cream look too?!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sophie! The gelato was amazing :)

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm, I'm drooling over that gelato *_*
    Haha, and cute summer staple! You found a good one, that dress has such fun detail with the straps. Great outfit :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete

2