Monday, October 12, 2015

Apple Picking | Autumn 2015

Apple Picking at Mountain Orchards | Akinokiki
This week, most of us Canadians had a long weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving; on Saturday, my family took full advantage of this and went apple picking at a place called Mountain Orchards! I first heard about this fun, autumnal experience last year from a few friends and teachers, and I'd wanted to go ever since... so this year, I made sure that we went to the orchard to pick some apples.


Apple Picking at Mountain Orchards | Akinokiki

The experience starts on a wagon ride to where the actual trees are. Because the ride is slow enough, about half of us had our feet dangling off the side of the platform, which was really comfortable and fun.

Apple Picking at Mountain Orchards | Akinokiki

The trees were actually empty of apples because the orchard had had a lot of traffic this year, so we didn't get the full experience of choosing and picking apples off of trees. We instead got to choose our own apples out of huge wooden crates... which was surprisingly fun! We'll definitely have to go back next year for the full experience, though.

Honey Crisp Apples at Mountain Orchards | Akinokiki
 Delicious, huge honey crisp apples at Mountain Orchards
Empire Apples at Mountain Orchards | Akinokiki
Empire apples... perfect for baking!
Apple Picking at Mountain Orchards | Akinokiki
Jacket: GAP, Scarf: made by my mom, Jeans: American Eagle, Socks: Roots, Boots: Target. Lips: NARS Cruella
I had to throw in a quick OOTD (excuse the fact that I'm really squinting... it was a beautiful, sun-filled day and I was looking into bright light!).

Yummy Doughnut at Mountain Orchards | Akinokiki
The orchard also sold a lot of yummy goodies like cider doughnuts (which we bought after the wagon ride back to the main area; they were delicious!), candy apples, apple butter, chips, cider, pies, etc.

Alpacas at Mountain Orchards | Akinokiki

We even found a couple of alpacas that were really cute :)

Have you gone apple picking before? It's a great fall experience, and it leaves you with not only amazingly delicious apples, but a ton of nice memories... I'd definitely recommend it!

1 comment :

  1. How much fun! I used to go apple picking all the time in the fall when I was living in the US. Apple picking and all of the fall traditions are what I miss most now that I live in Germany. Looks like you had such a lovely time!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete

2