Tuesday, June 28, 2016

1. What I Eat in a Day {Plant-based?!}

water jar at pure kitchen | Akinokiki
A pretty water jar at Pure Kitchen, a popular vegetarian restaurant in Ottawa
"What I Eat in a Day" type blogs and blogs have been very popular over the past year or so, and I love getting inspiration from them for meal ideas, so I thought I'd give it a try. This is pretty much everything that I ate a couple of days ago, and I think that everything was plant-based that day :) I'm not sure yet, but as I'm getting more into food content, I might make more of these in the future, so let me know what you think!

Peaceful wrap at Pure Kitchen | Akinokiki

There is a popular vegetarian restaurant where I live called Pure Kitchen, and my family and I really wanted to try it out, so we went for a brunch-type meal there. I had their "Peaceful" wrap, which includes falafel, quinoa tabbouleh, hummus, pickled turnip, tomato, cucumber, garlic tahini and greens; and I had this with a side of their garden salad. The flavours in the wrap all went together really well and it was delicious! As for the salad, it was super fresh, and I really loved it. I definitely want to go back sometime. 

Vegan Milk bread | Akinokiki

I had made some vegan milk bread (recipe here, from Mary's Test Kitchen) the day before, and so I ate a slice of the sweet bread with a bunch of strawberries and blueberries for an afternoon snack. The bread is super soft and fluffy, and the berries are perfect because they're in season right now!

Mixed plate for dinner | Akinokiki

For dinner, I had a mix of all sorts of different things all on one plate. This included some leftover wrap from brunch, some roasted vegetables (recipe here, in my latest post!), a samosa, some baguette, and a whole lot of fresh veggies. I have to say, the flavours didn't really go together, but separately, all of the different parts of the meal were really tasty! 
For desert, I just had a bit more of the sweet and fluffy milk bread from before.

I'm new to this and I didn't have that many meals this time around, but would you like to see more what I eat in a day posts now and again? Let me know :)

12 comments :

  1. Loved reading this! The food looks so delicious x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been on the plant based diet for the last couple of months and I am so loving it - lovely food and great inspiration! Thanks for sharing! xxx

    www.hairwonderfulday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these tips of posts. You're food looks delicious!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peaceful wrap looks so delicious & hearty. The vegan milk bread sounds pretty cool as well. Thanks for sharing. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen :) It was all delicious!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to find a vegan bread recipe, so this is really helpful!

    Hope you have a great week :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find a good recipe! This one was more like a desert or snack: super-soft and sweet :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

2