Sunday, June 26, 2016

Easy and Yummy Roasted Vegetables


Easy Roasted Vegetables | Akinokiki
Sometimes it's the simplest foods that can be the yummiest and the healthiest. I decided to gather some veggies from around the kitchen a few days ago and try roasting them in the oven, and it worked really well! The end result is a colourful side dish that's both nourishing and delicious.






Easy Roasted Vegetables | Akinokiki

I decided to cut up:
  • 1 medium sized peeled sweet potato;
  • 3 Large brown mushrooms;
  • A bunch of Brussel sprouts (halved)
  • 1 small eggplant

These are the veggies that I had on hand and that I thought would go well together, but try any vegetables that you want!

I tossed the veggies in about a tablespoon and a half of olive oil, a half teaspoon of Jane's Crazy Salt and a small pinch of paprika before baking them for 40 minutes at 400ºf in the oven, mixing them up after 20 minutes. As with the veggies, this recipe is super versatile so feel free to experiment with spices!

Easy Roasted Vegetables | Akinokiki
The end result is delicious and can be enjoyed as a side dish or with grains and sauce!
What do you do with extra vegetables in the kitchen?

(PS. I added Disqus to the blog yesterday but it wasn't working well with blogger so I had to remove it... and so all of the comments from yesterday's post are gone :( Thanks so much to all who commented, though!)
SaveSave

4 comments :

  1. i love, love, love roasted veggies. i could eat them on a daily.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! They're so yummy :)

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! Sweet potatoes are my favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love sweet potatoes too, they're delicious :)

      Delete

2