Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Summer Scentbook 2016

Summer Scentbook 2016 | Akinokiki

I'm so excited to be sharing my summer 2016 scentbook where I have compiled a bunch of my favourite scents: candles, body butters, perfumes, etc! This has been a long time coming, finding my favourite smells of the season and writing about them. It's in a different format than last year's post (see it here) due to the lower quality of the images that I found this time around, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

This cute candle is an amazing choice for a summery and fruity smell. It's fresh and happy, and smells like tropical fruit juice. That being said, the bright scent is still subtle, so it's nice if you don't like super strong smells.

This perfume is fresh... like a cool poolside on a hot summer's day, or a walk through a clean and beautiful garden, or waking up on a crisp morning in a resort and feeling a summer breeze. While that might sound cheesy and like a bad attempt at being poetic, it's exactly what I wrote when I found this scent in the shop. As a great bonus, the brand is definitely cruelty free :)

I didn't write much about this candle in my notes, but I do know that I loved the scent. It's fruity but a bit sour, and I immediately thought of fresh pineapple... one of my favourite summer snacks.

This body butter smells like a floral perfume... very clean and feminine. It's elegant and crisp in nature, and has that rosewater scent that I can't get enough of right now (well, in subtle amounts).

This candle not only comes in a very pretty packaging, it smells fresh and cooling like a summer breeze on a hot day. The scent itself is very fruity, like fruit punch, and it brings a poolside lounge to mind.

I scribbled down that this body butter scent smells fruity and floral, and that a calm and soft feeling came to mind when smelling it. A lot of my other choices are fruity, but this one is floral and aquatic, which, even though is different, is still very summery... I thought of a walk down a path by a clean lake filled with flowers.

This candle comes in a gorgeous packaging that's very similar to the Coconut milk mango one, and its floral scent is subtle yet feminine. It reminded me of a sweet smelling garden full of colourful, fresh blossoms.

To me, this candle smells sweet and fresh. It smelled like a morning smoothie packed with fresh fruit to me, or even a cold desert, like cheesecake or ice cream. 

What are your favourite scents this season? I'd love to hear!

6 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing! Definitely will check out the body shop body butters the next time I'm there!

    xoxo
    Regina
    http://mybeautymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The body butters are great! I love the scents and they also work really well to moisturize :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I love The Body Shop! They have amazing products! <3

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amelia! I love the Body Shop too :)

      Delete

2