Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Few Disappointing Products

A Few Disappointing Products | Akinokiki
It's unavoidable: for every bunch of products tried, there will be some that you'll be disappointed with. I've found a few over the past months, and I thought I'd share my thoughts. This doesn't mean that the products are inherently bad, rather they didn't work for me, or weren't exactly what I was looking for. 
Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream: I usually like Olay products, so I was excited to try this BB cream. It comes in a nicely sized tube, the cream itself is a perfect shade for me, and it is moisturizing. However, I feel like it didn't actually have any coverage at all... less than the average BB cream. It also has a fairly strong cosmetic smell. Because of this, I use it more as a moisturizer in the mornings, but even then, it's tricky because of its lack of SPF coverage.

OGX Vitamin E Shampoo: I tried the ogx moroccan argan oil shampoo a couple years ago and loved it, so I decided to try the vitamin E shampoo when I found it on sale earlier this summer. I was disappointed when it managed to leave my hair dry and even falling out for the couple of weeks that I was using it. I still really like the moroccan argan oil type, but this one just didn't work for me. That being said, I know some people that haven't had any problems with the product!

MAC Angel Lipstick: I got this lipstick last year, and I was excited because it was my first and only mac product (and it still is!) I love the colour and finish of the lipstick, and so I was really disappointed when something about it made the product settle in every crack and slightly dry patch on my lips. I know that a lot of people love this shade, but it just didn't work for me.

Have you been disappointed by any products recently?

No comments :

Post a Comment

2