Saturday, August 06, 2016

What I Got for my 17th Birthday

What I Got for my 17th Birthday | Akinokiki
It was my 17th birthday last week, and I got a bunch of awesome gifts from friends and family! I wrote a post sharing my gifts last year, and it was a huge hit, so I thought I'd share what I got for my birthday again this year! Thanks so much to everyone who helped make my day extra special :)

Matt and Nat Tacoma Mini Purse | Akinokiki

I mentioned the Matt and Nat Tacoma mini purse in chili in a Wishlist post a few weeks ago, and I was over the moon when I unwrapped my own purse on my birthday! It's a classic style that goes with anything and everything, it's versatile, and it holds everything I need while still staying pretty light and not too large. I love it!

What I Got for my 17th Birthday | Akinokiki
A cute little gift basket containing two long pairs of my favourite cozy socks from Roots, two pens that write REALLY smoothly, a cute tea, and a notebook. 

A Denman hairbrush that leaves my hair super smooth and soft after brushing :)

What I Got for my 17th Birthday | Akinokiki
An adorable London notebook (I went to London in March and fell in love with the place so I have a bit of an obsession with all things London now), a cool film strip ribbon in a cute tin, and an awesome custom-stamp-maker-thing! It comes with tons of different letters, numbers and symbols that you can put together to write whatever you want on the self-inking office stamp.

Bento Box | Akinokiki
I love this cute Japanese three-tiered bento box and cloth from relatives in Japan!

Minimalist Baker cookbook | Akinokiki

I got the Minimalist Baker's everyday cooking cookbook! I love the Minimalist Baker's blog, and as you might be able to guess from sticky notes bookmarking the pages in the photo, I basically want to try everything because it all looks so good! I think I'm in love :)

I also got an I-owe-you for another cookbook, and I've decided to use it on Niomi Smart's upcoming cookbook called "Eat Smart". The preorder is unavailable on amazon Canada right now for some reason, but I'm hoping that it will go up soon because I'm so excited to get my hands on it!

Thanks again to everyone who made my birthday the amazing day that it was! 

6 comments :

  1. Those are all such thoughtful presents :-) You are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family. I really hope you enjoyed your birthday!
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely feel spoiled :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you can get pre-order Niomi's book soon! I'm really excited to get it!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so too! Thanks for reading, Aleeha :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day. Your purse is so cute and I love those bento boxes! I hope you have a great year :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the London notebook and the minimalist Baker book! x

    www.wanderergirl.com

    ReplyDelete

2